Thursday, May 27, 2010

Article Marketing: Your Key To Starting An Internet Business

Do you have an idea rolling around in your head? Would you like to know how to start an internet business? It is actually very easy, and something you can work on today.

In the past few years, I have begun a number of businesses. I have even been able to help others get their businesses off the ground, and each time I get started, I always use article marketing. I do this because well-written articles will bring in high search engine rankings and in turn more traffic to my site. Let me show you why it works.

1.) Articles can be submitted to an authority site such as Ezine Articles.

Because this site requires original content, Google ranks these submissions higher than others. Often within a few weeks after I submit an article, I see it ranked high. My articles are usually 300 to 700 words with a resource box pointing directly to my website. The authority of these sites build my reputation as an expert on webinars.

2.) Articles can also generate direct traffic to your website.

Lots of people with blogs and websites pick up articles from these directories and post them. For example, pretend you have a website about dogs. Other people with related sites like puppies.com, dogs and more dogs.com, or a dog blog will come and get your article. They post it on their site with your resource box, and then when people read their blog, you get free advertising. Their readers click on the link to your site, and voila! You just got free and easy traffic.

3.) Articles can build up backward links.

A backward link is like a vote. Many times my pages and my interior pages show up in Google because lots of other people have posted my articles to their sites. For each one of these, I get a backward link, and as I start to amass backward links, I rank higher and higher in Google.

Getting on the first page of the search results for your keyword and staying there are two different things. There are lots of other people competing to be on the first two pages, and the competition is fierce. Article marketing can be the best tool to keep you on top.

___________________

Copyright Stephen Beck, 2010
You have permission to reprint this article as long as you don't make any changes and include the bio below.

Stephen Beck can teach you what it takes to start an internet business and how to make your first $1000 on the internet. Go get a FREE link to his webinar replay, where he shows exactly what you can do: http://www.YourOnlineBasics.com/go.html.

No comments: