Sunday, July 25, 2010

Internet Marketing 101: What's Inside Your Mind?

If you are not making money in your offline or online business, take a lesson in internet marketing 101 and look no further than what is inside your mind. Many people are going through the process of building their business, but they do not really believe they can be successful in it. They walk around with mental roadblocks. But there are seven things you can do to change your mindset. In this article, I will cover the first two.

Internet Marketing 101 - Be Thankful!

The first step is to be thankful. Develop an attitude of gratitude. Choose to be grateful for where you are and the things God has given you. This attitude can really influence your business.

Also, you can be someone who gives just for the sake of giving and not always to get something in return. You can be generous with your skills and abilities. You may wonder what this has to do with business, but it really is true that what is in your head affects the way you work each and everyday.

So are you thinking about being grateful? Or ways you can help others? I work with homeschoolers, and so one of the ways I try to give back is to help fellow homeschoolers pick the best curriculum. I enjoy being generous with my experience and know how.

Internet Marketing 101 - Be Thoughtful!

The second step is to be thoughtful. The stories in your mind reflect the stories in your life. In other words, the things that are going in your mind are going to infiltrate and influence the things that happen in your life. For example I have talked to several people after our webinars, and I keep hearing the same thing, "I don't really believe I can make money." This kind of thinking becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy.

If you do not think you will make money, then you will not really put your whole heart into what you are doing. If you have some doubts about what you are doing and then try to promote your products, you will not come across as believable.

Similarly, you will want to think about what you are doing: are you building a business or having fun with a hobby? Are you serious about building it up or enjoying playing at it? Too often people who want to really build their business are merely playing at it. This mindset can change if you will being to be thoughtful about what you are doing.

Spend time thinking about your "why." Why are you doing what you are doing? I actually wrote mine down, and I got a picture of my family to go with it because part of the reason that I help with our family business is so we can have some passive income. We use it to spend more time with our family and to minister to others with mission trips.

So what is your why? Take some time this week and brainstorm some reasons why you are working on your business. Be specific. Instead of saying, "It is because of my family," say, "I want to go on trips with my kids and grandkids." You could also say, "I wan to be able to give money to those who are in need," or "I want to take mission trips at least once a year." Then, after you write down your list, go public with it.

____________________

Copyright Stephen Beck, 2010
You have permission to reprint this article as long as you don't make any changes and include the bio below.

Are you interested in starting an online business? Stephen Beck does, and he can show you everything what you need to know. Go get his FREE webinar replay: http://www.YourOnlineBasics.com.

No comments: